Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tofu for Baby (9 months +)


My little guy loves eating tofu sticks as finger food.  Normally I cook my tofu with a marinade that includes sugar and soy sauce, but my buddy doesn't need all of that salt and sugar, so I created this recipe for him.  He loves it!  It makes a lot, so I freeze the leftovers. 

1 block organic firm herb tofu
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger
1 teaspoon safflower oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar

Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.  Chop tofu into bite-size sticks and add to pan.  Add garlic, ginger, and rice vinegar.  Cook until tofu is lightly browned.  Cool and let baby snack away.

1 comment:

  1. sarah, i love that you have a blog! and what a cool place! i will add you to my blogroll. i especially like the marshmallow treats :) you're so fun. i miss you. xo

    ReplyDelete