Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baked Tofu

This is my mom's recipe for bbq chicken that I adapted for tofu.  I added onions and cut the salt in half.  It is my husband's favourite tofu recipe.  I serve this tofu over quinoa or rice. 

Ingredients
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar or agave nectar
2 tablespoons vegetarian worcestershire sauce
2 tablespooons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons mustard powder

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Add butter to a saucepan on medium heat.  When butter has melted, add chopped onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.  Stir until combined.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile chop tofu into cubes and place in a lightly oiled casserole dish.  Add the sauce and stir.  Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes.  Serve over quinoa or rice. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment