Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

My grandma always has these cookies on hand when we visit.  She makes them really small, so when I make these cookies I do the same thing - then I can eat three instead of one!  I use real (or pure) vanilla because it tastes so much better than imitation vanilla.  Splurge a little and your mouth will thank you.  

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 scant cups whole wheat flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.  Soften the butter and mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and coconut.  Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.  Add chocolate chips and stir.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.  Makes 36 mini cookies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment