Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Roasted Root Vegetable Fries

These fries are like candy in my mouth.  Rivers loves them too!  I use my Borner vegetable slicer to save time chopping.  If you think cooking vegetarian meals takes too much time, get a slicer!  I use mine every day.  These fries are great on their own, but they are also great drizzled in peanut sauce.  I used leftover sauce from my Peanut Noodles.

Ingredients:
2 parsnips, peeled
3 carrots, peeled
2 sweet potatoes, peeled
2 potatoes 
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh herbs (parsley, mint, or thyme) to garnish


Preheat oven to 400 F. Chop vegetables.  Arrange the vegetables in a single layer in a roasting pan.  Pour the oil over the vegetables and sprinkle them with the herbs and garlic.  Stir until the vegetables are coated with oil.  Roast until the vegetables are cooked and browned (45 minutes -1 hour).  Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.   

No comments:

Post a Comment